Saratoga County Animal Shelter

General FAQs

Surrendering Your Pet

Exhaust All Avenues to Find Your Pet a Home

We receive many animals from Saratoga County residents throughout the year, especially during the spring and summer months. You should use the shelter as a last resort. Try to place the pet with friends, family, neighbors, co-workers or a rescue group first. You can also place an ad using the words “looking for a good home” instead of ” free to good home”. If you call us ahead of time we can put a courtesy post on our Facebook page and check our request list to see if we have anybody looking for your particular pet.

If you decide to relinquish ownership of your pet to the shelter we will provide the best care and outcome for the animal’s particular needs. We will not provide any information about the disposition of the animal once you surrender it.

​Dog Licensing

Please contact your Town Clerk’s Office.

Locating your Lost Pet

Contact your Town’s Animal Control Officer

Visit the Shelter’s Facebook page to check for postings of found animals.

What to do when you find a Stray Animal

Contact your Town’s Animal Control Officer

Spay & Neutering of Pets

Is SCAS a “no-kill” shelter?